Wednesday, December 5, 2007

SNOW!!!!!

IT SNOWED TODAY!!!!
When I walked out of my little basement apartment (oh so little) I discovered a dusting of snow. I was delighted...and then...it kept snowing! It has snowed all day long. mmmmmmmm. snow. I was warned when I got to DC that if there is even the hint of snow people get a little crazy. So, the nice mennonite from wisconsin said when she was at the grocery store last night, people were stocking up on supplies. 'cause you never know when the slush might keep you indoors! :)

and then...apparently schools in maryland and virginia called off school! for just some wet stuff! it makes me giggle. there was salt on a sidewalk that had no snow or ice on it. tons of salt though. at first i couldn't figure out what it was...then it dawned on me...they had preemptively salted. i'm not sure that does any good...oh, well. made me laugh.

a picture will be forth coming.
i hope the rest of you are warm or shoveled out of 2 feet of snow or enjoying sunshine, wherever you are.

1 comment:

limedragon :-: Harriet said...

It's always funny when it snows in DC. I was in DC the year there were several ice storms in a row. All the schools were closed for about a week. Silly! I'm happy that it snowed earlier here than it has in the past few years.