Saturday, September 1, 2007

leaving minnesota, day 1


well, the trailer can almost fit the little car (dubbed the "marshmallow" by the previous owner) inside it! oh, dear. there have been many adventures this week in trying to get my butt across the state line.

Adventures

1. Driving back to minneapolis from bemidji (after visiting my family) a great blue heron flew RIGHT over my car. now when i say right over, i mean, the bird was skimming the top of my car. there was nothing i could do! i was on highway 10. halfway between motley and little falls. i think the heron even pooped on my car...is that a good sign?

2. convincing various mechanics to order and install a trailer hitch for me. trust me.

3. getting out of my apartment by noon yesterday...ugh.


Now...i have a few questions. i have crossed into a new state or two....what does a sign mean when it says, "wisconsin fun ahead?" also, what kind of border is that between WI and IL? i realize not all MN borders are water, but it is nice to have a moat protecting us on most sides...

and a word of advice...kitties and toll booths are a BAD idea.

it has been entertaining driving through WI and the little bit of IL so far and seeing where people are from...
wausau, lacrosse, janesville, madison, menomenie, eau claire, chicago...

speaking of chicago, do you think this would attract more people to a churchwide assembly?



tomorrow will be another day of craziness in the car with the cats as we venture east to...ohio or pennsylvania. maybe waving at our fellow vicar natalie in valparaiso!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Hi, You do a great job updating the blog. Its very fun to read. Sleep well. I'll say a prayer for you. Do you still have your St Christopher medal from Canterbury? Love MOM