Monday, June 9, 2008

just another day in DC...

i went to the apple store for my little computer lesson.
much too hot and i have signed up for computer classes to bide my time.

the conversation goes something like this:

me: so this file vault thing, what do you use it for?

apple techie: don't ever use it.

me: okay then...

apple techie: no seriously. people who store there passwords in there never get them back. if you forget it. it is gone. for good.

me: good to know. nothing i have is that secret...nothing anyone has is that secret...

apple techie: oh you would be surprised. we get people in here that need some pretty ...

me (at this point i interrupt): yes, but i don't work across the street...and most people don't work across the street. seriously. nothing i have is that secretive...

what is across the street from the mall i was in?

the pentagon.

this is the conversation you have in DC when you forget that the pentagon is across the street.
yes, i have grown accustomed to driving past the pentagon.
time for me to go home and get grounded again.

No comments: