Friday, January 25, 2008

chiapas...

for half my life (yes i am that young), my parents have had a chiapas travel fund. i have known the image of sub-comandante marcos for many years. my parents made sure of that. the mexico trip was another one of those moments when i realized how odd my childhood was. most people's parents did not dream of visiting the zapatistas.

it was good to learn more details about the zapatista movement while i was in mexico. it was good to learn about my brothers and sisters in chiapas.

here is a link to the sixth declaration. i encourage you to read it.

when they speak of good people and good governance, i am reminded of a dakota friend at the division of indian work. he would say that we always want to make sure things are done in a "good way". i like that. have we done our tasks in a good way? i don't know. i hope so.

No comments: