Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Were books included in the moving costs?



I am moving from my cozy little home in South Minneapolis to Washington, DC! I always knew that I had a lot of books. I grew-up in a house with lots of books. I just seem to collect them. I thought I had managed to set aside about half of them to sit in storage for the year I am living in DC. Well...I have discovered that I may fill a small UHAUL trailer with just my books!!!! oops. just half my books! I can't imagine not hauling them cross country. It seems so sad to leave even a few behind in Minnesota. So, I have included a photo of my mountain of books. At least my new apartment is on the first floor. Everyone laughs at me when I tell them that I need to have a trailer, because of my books! I can't help it!

2 comments:

limedragon :-: Harriet said...

Glad you setup this blog, I'll be reading. : )

Rev. Debra Jene Collum said...

With books it will only get worse as your life goes along. I actually took a stack of books to Half-Price Bookstore. It was like cutting off my arm, particularly when they only gave me enough money from hardback books to buy three paperbacks. Oh wait, maybe I was supposed take the money and not buy more books...Such is life as a book lover. Someone once said, "When I have money I buy books, if I have any left over I buy food and shelter."